The Girls from the Orphanage

The Girls from the Orphanage

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hi All,
I had a very strange ride home from the office last night. The on-ramp for the highway was closed due to contruction. The ever dependable Venkatesh, didn't blink an eye. He turned around and proceeded to drive up the OFF RAMP instead. Apparently you just turn on your hazard lights and drive on the right instead of the left. I was a bit nervous until we crossed back over to the left side of the highway at a break in the divider. Good thing it was 2:00 AM and traffic was light. I noticed too we never seem to stop for red lights except at very congested intersections and turning right. I've watched the people on the back of scooters and motorcycles, they have no fear. It's amazing. I've seen a people hauling a TV while riding two on a motorcycle, I wish I could have been quick enough to get a picture of that one. Five people on a motorcycle, and today I saw a printer for a computer strapped to the back of a motorcycle. I've seen oxen pulling carts, people riding bicycles all with huge loads. All sharing the same road. I'm sure glad I can watch instead of drive.
Well just 2 more days to go.
Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like lots of exciting adventures! Hope you a safe, problem free flight back home.

    ReplyDelete